Griddled salmon with herby quinoa
DifficultyNot too tricky
Nutrition per serving
Calories 363 18%
Fat 20.8g 30%
Saturates 4.3g 22%
Sugars 4.8g 5%
Salt 0.21g 4%
Protein 32g 64%
Carbs 11.5g 4%
Fibre 1.2g -
Of an adult's reference intake
- 160 g ready-to-eat quinoa
- 2 lemons
- 2 courgettes
- 1 bulb of fennel
- 1 bunch of mixed fresh soft herbs, such as dill, parsley, basil
- 4 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- extra virgin olive oil
- 4 salmon fillets , skin on, scaled and pin-boned, from sustainable sources
By Rachel Young
- Prepare the quinoa according to the packet instructions, then squeeze over the juice of half a lemon. Season with a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper, then set aside.
- Preheat a griddle pan to high.
- Slice the courgettes lengthways into thin strips. Griddle the courgette strips for 2 minutes each side and put aside on a plate. Turn the griddle down to a medium heat.
- Using a mandolin (use the guard!) or speed-peeler, slice the fennel into thin strips, place in a bowl and squeeze over the juice of half a lemon. Pick and finely chop the herb leaves, stir through the quinoa and season.
- Make a dressing by squeezing the remaining lemon juice into a small bowl, then add the yoghurt and 2 tablespoons of oil, and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Season and rub a little oil all over the salmon fillets, then cook on the hot griddle for 3 to 4 minutes each side, or until the fish is cooked through.
- Pile the quinoa on a plate and arrange the griddled courgette and lemony fennel on top, along with flakes of salmon. Dot over the yoghurty dressing, scatter over the remaining herbs, then serve.