Grilled Moroccan chicken with lemony couscous & carrot salad
with harissa yoghurt
with harissa yoghurt
Cooks In35 minutes
DifficultyNot too tricky
Nutrition per serving
Calories 467 23%
Fat 11.4g 16%
Saturates 2.3g 12%
Sugars 9.5g 11%
Salt 0.9g 15%
Protein 38.8g 78%
Carbs 55.1g 21%
Fibre 7.1g -
Of an adult's reference intake
- 1 red onion
- 1 carrot
- 2 skinless free-range chicken breasts
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 125g wholewheat couscous
- 1 lemon
- extra virgin olive oil
- ½ bunch fresh coriander , (15g)
- 2 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons harissa
- Place a griddle pan or frying pan over a medium heat to get screaming hot.
- Peel and slice the onion into 8 thin wedges, then peel and coarsely grate the carrot.
- Cook the onion wedges on the griddle, turning every 1 to 2 minutes until softened and bar-marked.
- Meanwhile, lay the chicken breasts on a chopping board, cover with a sheet of greaseproof paper and bash the thick-end with the bottom of a pan until roughly the same thickness all over.
- Discard the paper and lightly score a criss-cross pattern into the top of the chicken with a sharp knife.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil, sprinkle over a pinch of sea salt and black pepper, and the cumin, then rub all over.
- Put the couscous into a bowl with a pinch of salt, then pour over 225ml of boiling water and cover.
- Add the chicken to the griddle alongside the onion wedges and cook for 4 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is golden and cooked through.
- Finely grate the lemon zest into the couscous, squeeze in half the juice, then fluff it up with a fork and season to taste.
- Place the carrot in a bowl, squeeze over the remaining lemon juice and add a splash of extra virgin olive oil. Pick and tear over the coriander leaves, then toss together and season to taste.
- Divide the couscous between your plates and top each with a grilled chicken breast and onion wedges. Add a little pile of carrot salad to each, then swirl the yoghurt and harissa together and dollop over the top.