We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Incredible Sicilian aubergine stew with couscous
Cooks In30 minutes
DifficultyNot too tricky
Nutrition per serving
Calories 668 33%
Fat 36g 51%
Saturates 5g 25%
Sugars 14.8g 16%
Salt 1.6g 27%
Protein 16.5g 33%
Carbs 72.2g 28%
Fibre 14.1g -
Of an adult's reference intake
- 1 large aubergine
- olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 small red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ bunch flat-leaf parsley
- 2 large tomatoes , ripe
- 1 tablespoon baby capers
- 8 green olives , stone in
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 150g wholewheat couscous
- 1 tablespoon flaked almonds
- extra virgin olive oil
- Trim and cut the aubergine into large chunks. Heat a couple of lugs of olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat, add the aubergine, oregano and a little sea salt, then toss to coat.
- Turn the heat up to high and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, giving the pan a shake every now and then.
- While that’s ticking away, peel and finely chop the onion and garlic. Pick and chop the parsley leaves and finely chop the stalks, then roughly chop the tomatoes.
- When the aubergine is golden all over, add the onion, garlic and parsley stalks, then cook for a further 2 minutes – if the aubergine gets too dry, add a little more oil to the pan.
- Drain and add the capers, destone and add the olives, then drizzle over the vinegar.
- When all the vinegar has evaporated, add the tomatoes and simmer for around 15 minutes, or until the aubergine is tender.
- Put the couscous into a bowl, add a pinch of salt and just cover with boiling water, then pop a plate on top and leave to fluff up.
- Lightly toast the almonds in a dry pan over a medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden, keeping them moving.
- Use a fork to fluff up the couscous and stir through half the chopped parsley.
- Season the stew to taste, then drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- Serve the stew with the couscous and sprinkle with the almonds and remaining parsley.