Baked sweet potatoes, avocado & queso fresco
Cooks In1 hour 15 minutes
Nutrition per serving
Calories 483 24%
Fat 29.7g 42%
Saturates 13.2g 66%
Sugars 18g 20%
Protein 14.5g 29%
Carbs 36.2g 14%
Of an adult's reference intake
- 4 sweet potatoes
- olive oil
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1-2 limes
- 1 handful of pumpkin seeds
- 150 g Mexican queso fresco or Spanish manchego
By Anna Jones
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4.
- Drizzle the potatoes with oil, sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper, wrap in foil and bake in the oven for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, or until tender.
- When the potatoes are nearly done, destone and roughly chop the avocados and toss with the juice from half a lime.
- Toast the pumpkin seeds in a dry pan for a few minutes until slightly golden.
- Top the potatoes with the avocado, crumble over the cheese and sprinkle with the toasted seeds.
- Delicious with a hibiscus, chipotle & tamarind salsa. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing.