Lemon sole with chipotle & ancho chilli recado
Cooks In1 hour
DifficultyNot too tricky
Nutrition per serving
Calories 273 14%
Fat 16.3g 23%
Saturates 2.3g 12%
Sugars 3.6g 4%
Protein 25.1g 50%
Carbs 5g 2%
Of an adult's reference intake
- 4 lemon sole or dab fillets , skin on, from sustainable sources
- 1 lime
- CHIPOTLE & ANCHO CHILLI RECADO
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 dried chipotle chillies
- 2 dried ancho chillies
- 1½ tablespoon dried oregano
- ½ a lime
- CHUNKY AVOCADO & CHERRY TOMATO SALAD
- 14 ripe cherry tomatoes
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- 3 spring onions
- 1 ripe avocado
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime
By Andy Harris
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4.
- To make the recado, place the unpeeled garlic in a small roasting tin and roast for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the cloves are soft. Transfer to a plate, allow to cool, then remove the skins.
- Place the chipotle and ancho chillies in a small bowl. Pour over boiling water to just cover and leave for 15 minutes to soak. Drain in a colander, reserving the liquid.
- Place the chillies, garlic, oregano and a large pinch of sea salt in a food processor and blend to a paste. Add the lime juice and 4 tablespoons of the reserved liquid and blitz to combine. Transfer to a non-reactive bowl.
- Place the fish in the marinade, cover with clingfilm and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For the salad, halve the tomatoes and slice the cucumber and spring onions. Halve, destone and roughly chop the avocado. Combine in a bowl with 3 tablespoons of oil and the lime juice. Season well.
- Preheat a barbecue or cast-iron griddle pan to a medium heat. Remove the fish from the refrigerator and cook, turning once, for about 3 minutes each side, occasionally adding some more marinade with a brush during cooking.
- Divide the fish among plates and serve with the avocado salad and freshly squeezed lime wedges.