Cooks In30 minutes
DifficultyNot too tricky
Nutrition per serving
Calories 728 36%
Fat 44.8g 64%
Saturates 5.6g 28%
Sugars 5.5g 6%
Salt 0.5g 8%
Protein 16.1g 32%
Carbs 69.5g 27%
Fibre 4.4g -
Of an adult's reference intake
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 anchovy fillets , from sustainable sources
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- 320 g dried spaghetti
- Parmesan cheese , to serve
- 4 tablespoons fine breadcrumbs
- 6 sprigs of fresh parsley
- 50 g walnut havles
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
By Peppino & Mariana
- To make the sauce, heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, add the anchovies and allow to melt.
- Bash the garlic clove, keeping the skin on. Finely chop the chilli, then add to the pan. Fry for 2 minutes, or until coloured.
- Roughly chop and add the tomatoes. Simmer over a low heat for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the sauce is thick. Season with a pinch of black pepper.
- To make the topping, toast the breadcrumbs in a dry frying pan, then tip into a food processor.
- Roughly chop and add the parsley leaves, then blitz well with the nuts, or chop it all very finely with a knife. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta until it’s just al dente.
- Drain, reserving 2 to 3 tablespoons of the water, then tip the pasta into the sauce. Toss well to coat, adding a little of the cooking water to loosen it, if needs be.
- Serve the pasta in bowls, sprinkled with a generous helping of the topping mixture and a grating of Parmesan.