Asparagus with mushroom mayonnaise
Cooks In15 minutes plus draining overnight
Nutrition per serving
Calories 105 5%
Fat 7.6g 11%
Saturates 2.8g 14%
Sugars 2.2g 2%
Salt 0.7g 12%
Protein 6.1g 12%
Carbs 2.8g 1%
Fibre 2.3g -
Of an adult's reference intake
- 16 asparagus spears
- 25 g broad beans
- 40 g Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon truffle oil
- 1 handful of watercress or rocket
- MUSHROOM MAYONNAISE
- 200 g button mushrooms
- ½ tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 40 g mayonnaise , made using free-range eggs
By Jon Rotheram
- Make your mushroom mayo the day before. Blitz the mushrooms, vinegar and ½ tablespoon of sea salt in a food processor until combined.
- Line a colander with a piece of cheesecloth and sit it over a bowl. Spoon the mixture into the cheesecloth and leave it overnight to strain the liquid.
- The next day, lift the cheesecloth with the mixture inside and squeeze out the last of the liquid. Discard the solids, stir the mayonnaise through the liquid, then set aside.
- Preheat a griddle pan over a high heat. Cook the asparagus spears for 3 minutes or until they begin to char, then turn them and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Pod the broad beans and divide between four plates with the asparagus.
- Grate the cheese over the top and drizzle with the oil. Serve with the salad leaves on the side and a dollop of the mushroom mayonnaise.