Cooks In15 minutes
DifficultyNot too tricky
Nutrition per serving
Calories 530 27%
Fat 28.2g 40%
Saturates 16.5g 83%
Sugars 41.4g 46%
Protein 6.7g 13%
Carbs 60.9g 23%
Of an adult's reference intake
- 55 g unsalted butter , softened, plus extra for greasing
- 55 g self-raising flour
- 55 g caster sugar
- 1 large free-range egg
- 1 piece of stem ginger in syrup
- 1 orange
- 1 ripe pear
- golden syrup or reserved ginger syrup
By Phillippa Spence
- Start by making 2 greaseproof paper discs to top the puddings: place 2 teacups or ramekins upside down on greaseproof paper, draw round them, then cut out the circles, just inside the line.
- Lightly grease one side with butter, then grease the inside of the teacups or ramekins.
- In a food processor, blitz the flour, sugar, butter and egg to make a batter.
- Chop and add the ginger, finely grate in the orange zest, then pulse once or twice.
- Peel, core and cut the pear into 1cm chunks.
- Pour a little golden syrup or reserved ginger syrup into the base of each cup or ramekin, then top with half the chopped pear each.
- Divide the batter between the two, then lightly press a circle of paper on top, butter-side down.
- Cook in the microwave on full power for 4 minutes, or until it feels springy to the touch.
- Leave to cool for a couple of minutes, then carefully turn out and enjoy with lashings of hot custard.