Grilled picanha with butternut squash
Cooks In55 minutes to 1 hour 5 minutes
Nutrition per serving
Calories 415 21%
Fat 21g 30%
Saturates 8.3g 42%
Sugars 8g 9%
Protein 41.6g 83%
Carbs 16.3g 6%
Of an adult's reference intake
- 1 butternut squash (about 1.2kg)
- olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch of fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1.5 kg picanha, cut into 2cm slices
- 1 onion
By Almir Santos
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4.
- Peel the squash and cut into large cubes, then place in a roasting tin, drizzle with oil and scatter over the unpeeled garlic.
- Pick over most of the thyme and sprinkle over the paprika, then toss to coat. Cover with tin foil and roast for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until soft.
- Meanwhile, peel and finely slice the onion.
- Season the picanha, then add a splash of oil to a griddle pan and place it over a high heat until smoking hot. Fry the meat in batches for 3 minutes on each side, adding the onion with the last batch.
- Once the meat is cooked, cover and rest it for 5 minutes, then sprinkle over the remaining thyme leaves, and serve with the roasted squash.